- Organization: Demand Side Analytics
- Location: Atlanta, GA or San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Day to day activities include data cleaning, analysis, and results reporting for a variety of projects, generally including but not limited to:
- Impact evaluation of energy efficiency and behavioral interventions
- Evaluations of smart technologies designed to reduce peak demand, including smart-thermostats and time-varying rates
- Forecasting of distribution-level electric loads
- Granular forecasting of energy efficiency, demand response, solar, electric vehicle, and battery storage
- Identifying grid locations where resources to manage demand deliver high value, and quantifying that locational value
Candidates will also support business development with proposal writing and have exposure to clients on a regular basis. We are headquartered in Atlanta and the San Francisco Bay Area but are open to a remote position for the right candidate. We provide co-working office space for staff when the local COVID-19 situation permits. We prefer candidates for the analyst positions to be in Atlanta or the Bay Area so that face-to-face training, meetings, and project work is possible once it is safe to do so. Candidates must be comfortable working independently and be able to manage multiple priorities and projects at once.
If you are interested in one of these positions, send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Stata, R, SAS, Python. Undergraduate coursework in the following disciplines: Economics, Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Energy/Environment.
Fluency in Stata or Python, especially with large datasets or household-level energy consumption data. Coursework in econometrics and specifically in program evaluation. Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau or Microsoft PowerBI. Internship, research, or full-time experience in the energy industry, and familiarity with the electric power sector.