- Organization: RMI
- Location: Remote/ Boulder, CO
Do you love solving challenging technology problems, thinking in numbers and data, and working collaboratively with subject matter experts? Do you also have the self-motivation, curiosity, creativity and ability to build data visualizations and knowledge products that persuade others toward meaningful results? Are you passionate about making the world a better place? If yes, then join our growing Knowledge Management team!
RMI is seeking an analyst to work with its third-party data and news subscriptions, focusing on building accessible knowledge dashboards and information aggregators that support RMI’s 13 programs working to solve the climate crisis.
Individuals from underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply!
RMI decarbonizes energy systems through rapid, market-based change in the world’s most critical geographies to align with a 1.5°C future and address the climate crisis. We work with businesses, policymakers, communities and other organizations to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50% by 2030.
RMI is a knowledge-based organization, and it is critical for there to be a successful and robust knowledge management competency at the organization to improve the impact of our programs. As part of the KM function, RMI is building out a Data, Analysis, and Research team, including this role.
You will be on the Program Services Team and report directly to the Director of Knowledge Management. This is a new position which represents expanded core competencies and focus at RMI. A successful candidate will be a self-starter who commands a robust understanding of working with large data and information flows, and creating user-friendly interfaces that make those flows more accessible.
- Become expert on the 40+ information and data subscriptions that come into the organization, including but not limited to Bloomberg/BNEF and Rystad
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to understand the advantages and limitations of these subscriptions, to inform which feeds best suit different needs
- Develop data visualizations and analytical dashboards in Power BI, and capture key insights RMI’s enterprise subscriptions
- Guide program teams to use these tools, clearly communicating how to identify trends or patterns and make predictions
- Automate data refresh/reload/collection processes, to ensure products are up to date with latest content releases
- Work with the Director of Knowledge Management to refine subscriptions over time, adding to fill gaps and eliminating redundant or low-value flows
- Create internal utilization dashboards to track metrics across the suite of new Knowledge products and platforms; assist the peers across Program Services to automate the collection of critical metrics and visualize progress.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 2 years of direct relevant experience, such as in management consulting research and analytics, industry analyst organizations, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience understanding the energy sector, energy transition, and or climate change
- Work experience as a data analyst or in a related field
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
- The ability to create clear, communicative data visualizations in Power BI is core to this role
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases
- Demonstrated experience in languages such as R, Python, SQL.
- Proficiency in statistics and statistical packages to be used for data set analysis considered a plus
- Experience in handling reporting packages
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess and understand needs
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Adept at queries, writing reports, and making presentations
- Passion for the mission of RMI
- Experience with data sets including but not limited to Bloomberg and Rystad
- Strong team and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently
- Ability to perform duties in a collaborative, unstructured working environment, strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, strong analytical and quantitative skills and strong problem-solving skills
- Extreme attention to detail and commitment to producing high quality work
- Demonstrated capability to present to audiences in a variety of international, cultural, and institutional settings