- Organization: EPIC
- Location: Remote
The Energy Policy Institute at the University of Chicago (EPIC) is looking for energetic students with exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills to join our internship program. Applicants should have a strong interest in communications. The communications internship is a paid opportunity.
- Event outreach
- Compiling a weekly student newsletter
- Tracking analytics (Social media, newsletter, and website)
- Updating several website platforms
- Media monitoring
- Miscellaneous tasks as needed
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and the ability to work both independently with a high degree of initiative and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Strategic thinking, project management and planning skills. Ability to manage and prioritize communications needs, perform effectively in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines in a timely manner while maintaining professionalism and product quality.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and decision-making skills, creativity, flexibility and attention to detail.
Current candidates enrolled as graduate students at the University of Chicago, with a bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or a related field.
- 1-2 years of experience (including internships) working in a communications capacity
- Working knowledge of content management systems and e-mail marketing systems.
- Experience tracking analytics on various platforms.
- Familiarity with the media industry, including media monitoring and mapping, with direct experience working within the industry a plus.
- Cover Letter
- 2 writing samples
To apply please send your resume to Marguerite Huber at email@example.com. Applicants must be able to commit for 6 hours per week for the full academic year and have early morning availability at least one day per week (Mondays or Wednesdays).