EPIC is looking for energetic students with a strong interest in outreach and communications to become an integral member of our small, passionate communications team. Applicants should have some outreach/communications experience. The internship is a paid opportunity.
- Managing a weekly newsletter to UChicago students;
- Media monitoring and compiling a 3-times weekly news report to affiliated faculty;
- Event outreach support, including devising new tactics to reach students;
- Maintaining several website platforms;
- Maintaining media, stakeholder and alumni lists;
- Assisting with composing social media campaigns;
- Tracking analytics across all digital platforms (social media, newsletter, and website);
- Day-of event support, including working with our Events & Operations lead to help with setup, registration and breakdown;
- Miscellaneous tasks as needed
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and the ability to work both independently with a high degree of initiative and collaboratively as part of a team;
- Strategic thinking, project management and planning skills. Ability to manage and prioritize communications needs, perform effectively in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines in a timely manner while maintaining professionalism and product quality;
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills;
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and decision-making skills, creativity, flexibility and attention to detail.
Current candidates enrolled as graduate students at the University of Chicago, with a bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or a related field.
- 1-2 years of experience (including internships) working in a communications capacity;
- Working knowledge of website content management systems and e-mail marketing systems;
- Experience tracking analytics on various platforms;
- Familiarity with the media industry, including media monitoring and mapping, with direct experience working within the industry a plus;
- Experience engaging on social media in a professional capacity.
- Cover Letter
- 2 writing samples
To apply please send your resume to Vicki Ekstrom High at email@example.com. Applicants must be able to commit for at least 6 hours per week for the full academic year, including late night or early morning availability three days per week.