- Organization: National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
- Location: Golden, CO
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (“NREL”) NREL is looking for a compensation analyst to join its growing Compensation Team. Join a team of talented compensation analysts at the forefront of a rapidly growing national laboratory. The compensation analyst will assist with the administration of NREL’s compensation programs and will provide support to the HR business partners, the talent acquisition team, and other groups and individuals as needed. This position will report directly to the Compensation Manager.
Remote work options are available. Relocation to Colorado is not required.
Relevant Bachelor’s Degree and 2 or more years of experience or equivalent relevant education/experience. Or, relevant Master’s Degree or equivalent relevant education/experience. General knowledge and application of technical standards, principles, theories and techniques. Frequent application of industry concepts and principles. General knowledge of laws, regulations, principles, procedures and practices related to specific field. Skilled in problem solving, written and verbal communication. Ability to use various computer software programs.
Additional Required Qualifications
Experienced in job analysis and reviewing job descriptions.
Ensures proper administration of NREL compensation programs
Research, benchmarks, and analyzes data to determine compensation trends and establish equitable compensation levels and pay bands
Consults with recruiting team, hiring managers, and other members of compensation team to evaluate appropriate compensation offers for new hires and internal job moves
Consults with managers and other HR members to complete job analysis and evaluations
Coordinates survey participation and performs survey job matching
Consolidates, interprets, and presents data analysis on a variety of compensation related topics
Leads the annual funding request process
Assists in the allocation of compensation budgets and tracking of actual spend versus budget
Develops and provides communications and training programs on variety of compensation topics
Maintains job description database; builds and updates descriptions as needed
Adheres to all compensation policies and procedures
- National laboratory or DOE experience
- Experience with Workday
- Experience with MarketPay
- Experience evaluating market survey data
- Experience bench marking salaries
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide a high level of confidentiality concerning employee information
- Proven ability to work in a consultative manner as a team member in a collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and see projects through to completion
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint