You are here
- Senior Digital Communications Manager, EPIC
The Senior Digital Communications Manager will play a central role in implementing creative strategies to improve digital engagement as part of a passionate and nimble team. The manager will be a self-starter able to work under minimal supervision to grow the Institute’s digital and design capacity by producing a variety of assets including videos; podcasts; and digital reports, brochures and other promotional materials of a policy nature. This work will include producing a robust video and podcast series, managing and coordinating with audio/visual and photography vendors surrounding events, and lending creative design skills as needed. The Senior Digital Communications Manager will report to the Senior Director of Communications and External Engagement. Apply via UChicago Workday.
- Produce compelling and highly-professional short highlight videos of the Institute’s research, education and outreach efforts. This includes developing content ideas, coordinating, conducting and taping interviews with an eye towards staging, and artfully incorporating appropriate B-roll and visual elements.
- Produce the Institute’s “Off the Charts” podcast series. This includes developing content ideas, coordinating, conducting and recording interviews, and identifying creative ways to enhance and promote the series.
- Serve as the point person for all elements of audio, video and photography surrounding the Institute’s events. This includes videoing the events, managing University and outside vendors such as audio, livestream, lighting and photography, and troubleshooting A/V and other technical issues that may arise in the absence of a vendor.
- Provide design services as needed, including by producing professional charts and infographics, social graphics and other digital communications, research summaries, promotional materials, and other assets.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, Audition), Mailchimp and WordPress.
- Strong video producing and editing skills, with established professional experience in the field.
- Strong design skills, with some background in professional design.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in information technology and their applications to communication strategies, including through web, email and social media.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and the ability to work both independently with a high degree of initiative and collaboratively as part of a team. Ability to work effectively with management, staff, researchers, students, and outside vendors and collaborators.
- Strategic thinking, project management and planning skills. Ability to manage and prioritize communications needs, perform effectively in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines in a timely manner while maintaining professionalism and product quality.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and decision-making skills, creativity, flexibility and attention to detail.
- Ability to step in and troubleshoot technology challenges quickly and professionally in a high-stress environment.
Education, Experience or Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, media studies, film, graphic design or a related field required.
- A minimum of five to eight years of experience in a combination of producing videos, podcasts and design capacity. This experience should include developing a high level of understanding of video, audio, design and other technical equipment and programs. Must also have strong insight and interest in technology and social platforms, with the ability to consult on the latest developments to keep the Institute’s digital footprint current with the trends.
- Cover Letter
- Video Sample
- Design Sample