You are here
- Research Analyst, Rhodium Group (Oakland, CA)
Rhodium Group is looking for an entrepreneurial and talented research analyst. You’ll be joining a team of scientists, economists and engineers producing innovative research on the impact of climate change around the world. Rhodium co-leads the Climate Impact Lab, which leverages cutting edge climate, economic and data science to help decision-makers understand the risks climate change presents. You will be an integral part of the Impact Lab team, supporting both Rhodium staff and research partners in the production and dissemination of new climate change research.
Rhodium Group (RHG) seeks a Research Analyst to:
- Prepare data sets for use in new climate impact work
- Learn how to write and run jobs with our climate impact assessment tools
- Help communicate research findings to decision-makers in the public and private sectors
Master’s degree, research, or work experience in a related field (climate science, statistics, economics, energy resources, optimization)
- Some programming experience required; data science with R or Python strongly preferred
- Some experience with statistics required, experience with model design a plus
- Strong communication skills & ability to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience programming collaboratively (esp. with git and github) strongly preferred
- Experience using the mac/linux terminal and working on large python projects a plus
- Familiarity with data visualization or web frameworks (e.g. R-shiny, d3) a plus
This position is based in Oakland, CA, with competitive compensation and benefits. Please submit a cover letter and resume to Maryrose Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position you are applying for and your availability.
About Rhodium Group
RHG analyzes disruptive global trends using policy experience, quantitative economic tools and on-the-ground research. The firm is known for its path breaking studies on China’s economic development, global energy and environmental markets and policy dynamics, and cross-border direct investment, as well as work on India’s emergence and advanced economy restructuring. RHG’s primary economic and policy research is the foundation of its client advisory services for the financial, corporate, non-profit and government sectors. RHG has offices in New York, California, and Hong Kong, and associates in New Delhi. To learn more, visit rhg.com.
Rhodium Group has partnered with research teams at the University of California, Berkeley, the University of Chicago, and Rutgers University to form the Climate Impact Lab. For more information on the Climate Impact Lab, visit impactlab.org.