- Organization: National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
- Location: Golden, CO
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), located at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in Golden, Colorado, is the nation’s primary laboratory for research and development of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies. NREL’s hydrogen and fuel cell research and development focuses on developing, integrating, and demonstrating hydrogen production and delivery, hydrogen storage, and fuel cell technologies for transportation, stationary, and portable applications.
This position supports the Energy Systems Sensor Laboratory. Work includes performing sensor testing, using existing laboratory equipment, evaluating sensor data, constructing test devices, and documenting test results. The successful candidate will contribute to projects evaluating and developing hydrogen detection and improving energy source safety.
Support the work in the Energy Systems Sensor Laboratory and other components testing on an as needed basis. The job duties include:
- learning laboratory test procedures
- performing tests using the sensor test apparatus in the Sensor Systems Laboratory
- collecting data from testing operations
- analyzing data from testing operations
- documenting data analysis in NREL Technical reports or other formats
- assisting in the design and construction of test devices
- completing required safety training and other NREL training requirements
- conducting work in accordance with NREL safety requirements
Must be enrolled as a full-time student in a degree granting program, or graduated in the past 12 months from an accredited institution.
Internship period cannot exceed 12 months past graduation.
Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
Be sure to attach your current transcript (unofficial transcripts are acceptable) on the “”Submit Attachments”” Page during the application process in order for your GPA and student status to be verified.
Additional Required Qualifications
- Full-time work during the summer and school breaks while part-time work during the academic year is acceptable;
- A one year commitment is expected for a student who can hold the internship through the 2021-22 academic year;
- Programming experience using MATLAB;
- On-site work at our laboratory in Golden will be required.
Additional Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
Experience working with large transportation based data
Programming experience with MatLab.