- Organization: US EPA
- Location: Durham, North Carolina
At the GS-05 level, you will:
– Review files, records, and other documents to compile and summarize information pertaining to environmental programs and/or compliance reviews;
– Provide information and assistance on procedural requirements and formats for filing various applications, permits, grant applications, or compliance-related forms and documents;
– Collect, track, compute, and summarize statistical information and data in chart and narrative forms;
– Conduct information searches and review references and guidelines to resolve problems and questions in assigned functional areas.
At the GS-07 level, you will:
– Analyze and summarize a variety of environmental program data for use in preparing reports and program evaluations;
– Perform administrative studies of a standard nature on regulatory and compliance issues and problems;
– Support staff in planning for program management of environmental programs;
– Assist staff in preparation of materials for, and participation in, briefings with managers.
You will spend less than 25% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.
One or more positions may be filled.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. citizen.
- You must submit a resume and required documents–see How to Apply section.
- You must submit transcripts & proof of enrollment–see Required Documents.
- You must be enrolled at least half-time during your appointment.
- You must be age 16 or older.
- If you are selected, a written participant agreement must be signed.
- If you are selected, a pre-employment background check is required.
- This is a temporary position (see Other Information on assignment limits).
This position is designated as Low Risk and requires a background investigation. Unless an appropriate background investigation is already on record with the Office of Personnel Management, you must undergo a background investigation. All conditions of the pre-employment security process must be met before an official letter of employment can be issued with a report for duty date.
You must have and maintain good academic standing as defined by your academic institution.
If you are selected, the entire period served under the Internship Program will be a trial period.
This position requires the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
In addition to the eligibility requirements for the Pathways Internship Program, Pathways Interns qualify for an initial appointment based on their educational achievements as described below:
To qualify for the GS-05 level, you need to have completed four academic years of post-high school leading to a bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree.
To qualify for the GS-07 level, you need to have completed one full academic year of graduate level education; or a bachelor’s degree with superior academic achievement (Superior Academic Achievement Definition).
Documents to be submitted online:
NOTE: You should ensure your social security number, date of birth, and any other personal information are redacted.
- Resume clearly stating your background and/or experience related to this position as described in the Duties section.
- Responses to the online assessment questionnaire (you must complete this online – it is not a document you need to upload).
- College transcripts – required to submit either unofficial transcripts or a list of courses that includes school(s) attended, school address, course titles, grades earned, completion dates, department, and quarter or semester hours earned. NOTE: Official educational transcripts are not required at the time of application; however, if you are selected, you must provide official transcripts before you start work with EPA.
- Proof that you are currently enrolled (see note) or have been accepted for enrollment seeking a diploma, certificate, bachelor’s degree, graduate degree, or professional degree from a qualifying educational institution on a full- or half-time basis. NOTE: If graduating at the end of current semester/quarter, you must submit proof of continuing education (e.g., accepted for enrollment in a graduate program).
- Veterans’ Preference Documents – DD-214 Member 4 copy (or other copy indicating character of service), VA letter stating overall/combined disability rating (percentage), and SF-15 (use current version: SF-15 Form), if applicable (see page 2 of the SF-15 for documents that can be submitted in lieu of the DD-214 and VA letter); active duty service members: submit certification from the armed forces documenting active duty dates, expected discharge/release date, campaign medals/badges, and character of service (a certification is any written document from the armed forces that certifies you are expected to be discharged/released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after you submit the certification).