- Organization: National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
- Location: Golden, CO
Seeking full- or part-time graduate or highly qualified undergraduate interns to work with researchers in NREL’s Center for Integrated Mobility Sciences on analysis of mobility trends and implications for energy. Specific tasks may include:
- Collaborate with NREL researchers on projects providing insights into transportation energy systems, with a focus on how emerging transportation systems impact travel behavior, quality of life, and energy use.
- Development and application of NREL python-based software including FASTSim and RouteE to assess energy impacts of advanced powertrain technologies
- Work with and analyze large quantities of real-world travel activity and vehicle driving data, and potentially leverage high-performance computing resources for larger scale analyses.
- Deliver quality products that synthesize external literature, data analyses, and modeling results.
- Document methods and assumptions and assist with preparing peer-reviewed publications along with high-quality technical reports and presentations.
Must be enrolled as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree program, or graduated in the past 12 months from an accredited institution. Internship period cannot exceed 12 months past graduation. Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
•You will need to upload official or unofficial school transcripts as part of the application process.
•If selected for position, a letter of recommendation will be required as part of the hiring process.
Additional Required Qualifications
Desire a candidate who possesses:
- Strong collaboration skills—thrives working in a collaborative team environment but is comfortable working independently when necessary.
- Demonstrated programming experience in Python and one or more of the following programming languages: R, Julia, C/C++, MATLAB
- Familiarity with techniques for modeling and simulation of complex physical systems
The ideal candidate would also possess at least some of the following qualifications:
- Experience with data analytics, big data management, scraping data off the web, high-performance/distributed computing, machine learning and/or deep learning.
- Experience in transportation or automotive fields
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Experience with collaborative software development and use of Git/GitHub for project management and version control.
- Cumulative undergraduate/graduate GPA over 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
Please include all relevant experience and qualification information on the uploaded PDF (or MS Word) copy of your resume or CV.