- Organization: National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
- Location: Remote
NREL conducts world-class research in energy efficiency, sustainable transportation, renewable energy technologies, and energy systems integration and optimization. Nestled in the foothills of Golden, Colorado, and convenient to Denver, Boulder, and several suburbs, the NREL campus is a living experiment filled with curious researchers and advanced energy technologies.
We seek an exceptionally curious-minded intern with interest in energy efficiency, sustainable building, renewable energy, workforce development, writing, and publishing. The ideal candidate is adept at managing multiple priorities, interfacing with technical and non-technical audiences, and working with interdisciplinary teams.
The successful candidate will support projects that focus on the buildings industry workforce, jobs forecasting, and technology commercialization. Initial project and task assignments will focus on literature reviews, analysis, and disseminating knowledge to the market by contributing to publishable research papers. Additional tasks may include quick turn-around analysis to support the buildings-related competitions and technology commercialization initiatives.
Organizationally, this position resides in the Residential Buildings Research Group within the Building Technologies & Science Center (BTSC). BTSC and NREL are committed to fostering a creative, curiosity-driven, inclusive workplace, and to supporting and mentoring research staff as they progress from task execution to principal investigator and beyond.
Job duties and responsibilities may include:
- Contributing to white papers and technical reports focusing on the buildings industry workforce, clean energy jobs and technology commercialization.
- Preparing and conducting workshops, webinars, and other information exchange forums.
- Preparing and delivering presentations.
Must be enrolled in a Master’s Degree program in architecture, engineering, business, or related and have 3 or more years of experience in energy efficiency, renewable energy, sustainable building.
Additional Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated knowledge of energy-related topics, including energy efficiency in buildings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with MS Office suite.
- Interest/experience in sustainable buildings and energy efficiency.
- Interest/experience in workforce development.