- Organization: Natural Resources Defense Council
- Location: Various
NRDC is seeking to hire a cohort of Summer Legal Interns to work on cases and projects with attorneys across our Program and Litigation Teams. Intern positions are available at our New York, D.C., Chicago, Santa Monica, and San Francisco offices.
NRDC’s summer legal interns may participate in writing briefs, drafting complaints, preparing legal analyses, obtaining affidavits, investigating violations of environmental and health laws, developing policy advocacy campaigns, and drafting white papers and comments for submission to Congressional committees and administrative agencies. Our interns play an active role on the frontlines to protect our planet and the communities that depend upon it.
This internship is designed for current law school students. In assessing candidates for the summer internship, we look for:
- Exceptional legal writing and analytical skills;
- Strong oral communication skills;
- Experience effectively working on a team;
- Creativity and resourcefulness;
- Commitment to public service, equity, or justice;
- Demonstrated ability to work with people across different social identities and backgrounds;
- Record of academic and/or professional accomplishment; and
- Commitment to NRDC’s values and mission.
- Prior experience in environmental law is not required.