- Organization: National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Location: Golden, Colorado
The successful candidate will join researchers on NREL’s Guidelines for Home Energy Professionals (GHEP) team, who support to the U.S. Department of Energy’s Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP). NREL provides technical and programmatic assistance to the Department of Energy (DOE) Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP). This support includes maintaining technical specifications and tools, developing innovative approaches to strengthen workforce skills and qualifications, collaborating with training providers, and fostering continuous improvement throughout the WAP. For over a decade, NREL’s efforts have supported consistent and efficient implementation of the program.
NREL is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated intern to support the GHEP team in improving the implementation of the WAP. The successful candidate will have strong research and organizational skills. The successful candidate will support energy efficiency policy and programs through data collection and analysis, literature reviews, stakeholder interviews and engagement, and writing. Excellent research, written and verbal communication, and Microsoft Office skills are required.
Key tasks include:
- Conduct analysis for WAP stakeholders using NREL tools and datasets, such as the Low Income Energy Affordability Database (LEAD) and the State and Local Planning for Energy (SLOPE);
- Assist in managing and expanding weatherization training offerings through NREL’s learning management system (LMS);
- Conduct research and stakeholder interviews regarding energy workforce development or clean energy technical assistance;
- Support the design and facilitation of WAP stakeholder workshops and meetings.
Must be enrolled as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree program, or graduated in the past 12 months from an accredited institution. Internship period cannot exceed 12 months past graduation. Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
• You will need to upload official or unofficial school transcripts as part of the application process.
• If selected for position, a letter of recommendation will be required as part of the hiring process.
Additional Required Qualifications
- Experience in the field of energy efficiency