- Organization: RMI (Rocky Mountain Institute)
- Location: Remote
RMI’s The Center for Climate-Aligned Finance (the Center) is an “engine room” that helps financial institutions overcome barriers to climate alignment at the firm-, sector-and system-level. The Mission Possible Partnership (MPP) is an alliance of climate organizations, of which RMI is a core partner, which brings together industry, finance, consumers, and governments to identify net-zero pathways in the most carbon intensive sectors and, together, commit to concrete actions to implement decarbonization at a scale and speed unachievable by individual actors alone.
Scope of Work: The Program Assistant will support Programmatic Leadership, of up to  Managing Directors, Directors and Principals. The Program Assistant will additionally support the day-to-day programmatic operations of both the Center and MPP, particularly working with and supporting MPP’s global external partners. This role will work in close collaboration with the Program Coordinator.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manages individual calendars for Leadership, as well as shared programmatic calendars.
- Circulates meeting materials and agendas, attends meetings and functions as notetaker; circulates action items to relevant participants following meetings, following up as needed.
- Ensures Leadership is prepared for meetings and engagements by providing necessary information, reserving preparation time and scheduling preparation meetings as necessary.
- Serves as ‘gatekeeper’ for Leadership, streamlining communication and serving as primary point of contact for Leadership with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Submits timesheets and expense reports, maintains associated documentation.
- Understands priorities and commitments of Leadership and is able to make adjustments seamlessly, proactively and with little advance notice.
- Handles requests daily from Leadership and follows up in a timely and professional manner.
- Serves as day-to-day point of contact for troubleshooting for MS Office, Teams, Slack, and other platforms selected by the programs; resolving issues as they arise and communicating solutions to team.
- Maintains file management system (SharePoint) including uploading documents, maintaining organization, granting permissions and resolving filesharing issues promptly with IT.
- Submits vendor and contractor invoices in a timely manner for approval.
- Circulates meeting materials and agendas, attends meetings and functions as notetaker; circulates action items to relevant participants following meetings, following up as needed
- Points team to Institute and programmatic resources, maintaining up-to-date knowledge of those available resources, where to access them and point people in all departments.
- Takes initiative to identify areas that would benefit from administrative improvement and suggest solutions.
- Assists with the day-to-day administrative operations of the Programs as otherwise directed.
Travel and Event Planning
- Creates and manages all logistical and booking details related to domestic and international travel, including visa applications and renewals and planning for key events like the annual United Nations climate conference.
- Provides quick solutions to unanticipated changes in travel schedules.
- Ensures travel, lodging and scheduling are virtually error free.
- Creates and manages logistical and booking details for team events and retreats, including facilitating payment and submitting expense reports.
- Schedules team events and retreats, referencing both Executive and shared calendars.
- Sources and contracts with vendors, venues, secures supplies, etc for team events and meetings.
- Maintains a high level of proficiency with all RMI approved platforms and tools including Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Zoom and Slack, Adobe, Calendly, Monday.com and others
- Maintains daily oversight of platforms; proactively resolving issues as they arise throughout the day.
- Actively pursues improvement in skill levels and technical proficiency, both independently and drawing from expertise of peers
- Understands functioning and troubleshooting of iPhones, applications, both PCs and Macs, printers and other devices
- Proficient note-taker, able to concisely capture action items and follow up with appropriate team members to ensure completion.
Dependability and Flexibility
- Can be relied upon to assist with projects outside areas of primary responsibility and deliver work in the timeframe identified with minimal oversight.
- Is able to handle unanticipated changes graciously and efficiently; including changes to schedules, plans and workloads and reacts to these changes in a timely manner.
- Approaches difficult situations with a positive attitude and identifies solutions.
- Track record of impeccable ethics and discretion when ensuring that Leadership expenses are managed according to policy and details learned through supporting Leadership are kept strictly confidential.
- Exhibits a high level of professionalism in interaction with others both inside and outside RMI.
- Communicates clearly and effectively verbally and in writing and has superior listening skills.
- Interacts with others in a warm and professional manner.
- Represents RMI to the outside world, often by engaging with people at the highest levels in corporations, foundations, government, and academic institutions.
- Three years of experience as an Executive Assistant in a professional environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Zoom and Slack, Adobe, Calendly, Monday.com
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience planning events and domestic and international travel
- Ability to identify potential problems before they arise and proactively propose solutions.
- Fluency in English
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels, often under pressure, remaining positive, flexible, proactive, resourceful, efficient and managing multiple competing demands and priorities.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality at all times.
- Good judgment and strong decision-making ability
The position will remain remote through the COVID-19 pandemic. Once the COVID-19 situation improves, this role will be based out of either our Washington, D.C or Boulder, Colorado office.