- Organization: Slipstream
- Location: Remote
IMPORTANT NOTE: The recruitment process of this position will take much longer than average; and therefore we anticipate a start date for this position later this year.
Primary and Essential Responsibilities
- Develop and implement research strategies for Slipstream in areas of expertise; prioritize and execute strategic partnership activities to advance strategies; secure extramural and internal funding to advance strategies; publish results in high quality journals or other significant media; develop policy briefs on behalf of the organization.
- Develop and maintain relationships with influencers and decision-makers while improving visibly for the team and Slipstream work; monitor market, social and industry conditions specific to research; act as a liaison and champion of Slipstream initiatives within the industry.
- Manage and provide quality assurance for research projects and deliverables with respect to time, budget, issue resolution, staff direction, present outcomes internally, regionally, and nationally.
- Act as a subject matter expert and contribute to proposal content of research, program operations, and other departments to advance the mission of Slipstream.
- Review and mentor the work of team members.
- Conduct research to connect the areas of technological advancement, policy process, program implementation and social equity impacted by the climate crises and the energy revolution.
- Actively participate as a member of assigned workgroups.
- Able to build rapport & relationships effectively with internal & external customers and clients at all levels, demonstrating awareness of their needs & responding appropriately.
- Demonstrates skill in oral & written communication; ability to be persuasive & public speaking.
- Effective at problem solving.
- Self-motivated & able to work independently.
- Able to appropriately prioritize & meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates business acumen.
- Exhibited skill at collaborating & creating pragmatic & innovative solutions.
- Proven leadership, mentoring and team building experience.
- Expertise in research and project management principles
- Demonstrate personal responsibility and accountability.
- Deep understanding of state and federal energy policy and relevant knowledge in energy justice, climate justice and environmental justice.
- Basic understanding of energy industry and climate change science
- Experience with data science methods, statistics, and ability to work with large data sets.