- Organization: Illinois Power Agency
- Location: Chicago, IL
The Agency is seeking an experienced and qualified professional to fulfill the responsibilities of the Chief of the Planning and Procurement Bureau. In accordance with Section 1-70(c) of the Illinois Power Agency Act (“IPA Act”) (20 ILCS 3855), the Bureau Chief shall have at least five years of direct work experience in electricity supply planning and procurement, and hold an advanced degree in risk management, law, business, or a related field.
Under the authority and direction of the Director of the Agency, the Bureau Chief will have direct leadership and management responsibilities for the development, approval, and implementation of various procurement plans. The Bureau Chief will supervise internal resources that provide data analysis in support of developing and implementing hedging strategies, management of the electric power supply portfolio, management of the renewable energy credits portfolio, determination of procurement targets, and management of budgets and costs.
The Bureau Chief will directly manage external consultants that provide technical support and consulting services to assist the IPA in developing and implementing procurement plans.
- Advanced degree in risk management, law, business, or a related field
- At least five years of experience in electricity supply planning and procurement, and related quantitative analysis
- Five years of experience managing external consultants
- Five years of leadership and supervisory experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial office environment
- Working knowledge of:
- Electric energy and capacity markets, and power trading
- Hedging strategies and risk management
- Electric power supply portfolio management
- Renewable energy markets
- Familiarity with:
- Power project development
- Interconnection of electric power systems
- REC tracking systems (PJM-GATS and M-RETS)
- ISO power systems operations
- Illinois retail electricity markets
- Electric utility rates and tariffs