- Organization: Lodestar Energy
- Location: Boston, MA/Remote
Lodestar Energy is seeking Northeast-based candidates for either a Development Associate with at least 1 years of experience in a related field, or a Development Manager with 3 years of relevant experience. The primary responsibility of the Development Associate or Manager would be to lead Lodestar Energy’s Development Team in identifying and developing solar and energy storage projects in the Northeastern U.S. that are profitable and financeable. The Northeast Lead will head our development efforts across MA, CT, and NH, as well as explore opportunities in new geographies.
This role will primarily be responsible for tracking solar policy and regulatory proceedings across the Northeast U.S., including sitting on policy committees and various working groups. The Northeast Lead will then oversee the entire development process, from negotiating site control agreements, to acquiring necessary permits. They will work with other members of the Development Team to screen project sites for suitability based on environmental, permitting, or other hazards; manage project budgets, timelines and data rooms; and coordinate utility interconnection. The role will analyze potential acquisitions, as well as screen and respond to requests for proposal (RFPs).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Northeast Lead is responsible for overseeing all development-stage activities in the Northeast. General Development Team responsibilities include:
- Track policy and regulatory proceedings, which may result in development opportunities for Lodestar
- Lead Lodestar into new opportunities by preparing market entry strategies for new geographies and technologies
- Screen and prepare responses to Request for Proposals (RFPs) that fit Lodestar’s business
- Coordinate with the finance team to prepare accurate financial models for new markets
- Utilize GIS-based tools to identify sites in suitable locations for solar
- Screen project sites for potential environmental or permitting issues
- Obtaining local land use permits, site plan approvals and environmental permits
- Coordinate project plan sets with engineering, construction, and management
- Oversee the utility interconnection applications, studies, and ongoing communication
- One year of experience in a related field such as renewable energy development, energy policy, or real estate.
- Proactive, results oriented with ability to meet timelines and deliverables in a dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment
- Strong organizational skills with ability to quickly prioritize, solve problems, and respond to team needs
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written ability to engage with town planning or conservation groups at public hearings
- Ability to work independently; driven and self-motivated
- Undergraduate degree. Economics, accounting, or finance would all be positives.
- Proven track record with at least 3 years of experience in solar energy or real estate development.
- Experience and contacts with potential clients in the Northeast would be considered a plus
This position reports to the Senior Development Manager. The expectation is that the candidate would work remotely with an opportunity to work hybrid in available offices in Avon, CT or Boston, MA. Preference will be for candidates in the New England region, as travel to sites and towns from New York to Maine will be necessary. Must have a valid driver’s license (personal transportation not required).
We are looking for a minimum of 40 hours per week.
Market rate, contingent on experience. Base salary and significant bonus opportunity.