- Organization: National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
- Location: Golden, CO
We are seeking an experience technical project leader to support transportation deployment projects within the Technology Integration team of Center for Integrated Mobility Systems. The successful candidate will primarily support Clean Cities projects, in collaboration with other transportation deployment activities throughout NREL and across the advanced transportation industry.
This position is intended to provide leadership of projects within the Clean Cities portfolio. The ideal candidate will be able to contribute across the entire project continuum including taking feedback from stakeholders, conceptualizing new projects, scoping and planning, guiding a team, creating high quality deliverables, making presentations, and documenting results and impact. Projects will focus on increasing the use of emerging transportation technologies to address local mobility, equity, and economic challenges.
A sample of specific activities could include:
- Work with the team and stakeholders to craft innovative, robust projects that advance alternative fuels and advanced vehicle technologies in the marketplace. Examples of these projects could include working to ensure robust data for our refueling station locator, engaging new stakeholders to collect advanced mobility or transportation equity data, or supporting national parks in advanced transportation implementation.
- Prepare and track project plans, milestones, budgets, and deliverables.
- Identify and create training, best practices, or other outreach needs to increase the impact of transportation technologies.
- Engage stakeholders and clients to keep projects relevant and robust.
- Execute projects both as a participant and a leader.
- Prepare quarterly reports and briefings on projects.
- Represent NREL and Clean Cities at key industry meetings.
Relevant PhD and 4 or more years of experience or equivalent relevant education/experience. Or, relevant Master’s Degree and 7 or more years of experience or equivalent relevant education/experience. Or, relevant Bachelor’s Degree and 9 or more years of experience or equivalent relevant education/experience. Expert understanding and application of project management principles, concepts, practices and standards. Expert knowledge of technical field and related disciplines. Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness. Outstanding interpersonal, conflict resolution, teaming and communication skills.
Additional Required Qualifications
Knowledge of alternative fuels, advanced vehicles, fleets, connected vehicles and /or related technologies.
Knowledge of project management procedures and practices, financial management, and contract management.
Skilled in innovative problem solving.
Ability to lead a project from concept to execution to completion.
Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal).
General knowledge of laws, regulations, policies and technologies related to alternative fuels, Clean Cities and transportation deployment.
Strong teaming skills, conflict resolution, customer service skills.