You are here
- Multimedia and Graphic Design Manager
Multimedia and Graphic Design Manager
The Multimedia and Graphic Design Manager will play a central role in improving the Institute’s outreach efforts through the production of a variety of creative content, including videos, podcasts, infographics, reports, brochures and other promotional materials of a policy nature. The manager will be a self-starter able to work under minimal supervision and balance competing priorities with ease. The position will report to the Senior Director of Communications and External Engagement.
- Produce compelling and highly-professional short highlight videos of the Institute’s research, education and outreach efforts. This includes developing content ideas, coordinating, conducting and taping interviews with an eye towards staging, and artfully incorporating appropriate B-roll and visual elements.
- Produce the Institute’s “Off the Charts” podcast series. This includes developing content ideas, coordinating, conducting and recording interviews, and identifying creative ways to enhance and promote the series.
- Serve as the point person for all elements of audio, video, lighting and photography surrounding the Institute’s events. This includes videoing the events, and managing University and outside vendors such as audio, livestream, lighting and photography,
- Troubleshoot any audio/visual or other technical problems that may arise in the absence of a vendor during events, workshops and other presentations.
- Design professional charts and infographics, social graphics, e-mail campaigns and other forms of digital communications.
- Design print materials such as research summaries, promotional event materials, and other assets.
- Work with the communications manager to develop design strategies and creative solutions to boost online engagement.
- Serve as the point person for all printing needs, including coordinating with outside printers and managing the proofing process.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, Audition), Mailchimp and WordPress.
- Strong video producing and editing skills, with established professional experience in the field.
- Strong graphic design skills, with established professional experience in the field.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and the ability to work both independently with a high degree of initiative and collaboratively as part of a team. Ability to work effectively with management, staff, researchers, students, and outside vendors and collaborators.
- Strategic thinking, project management and planning skills. Ability to manage and prioritize communications needs, perform effectively in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines in a timely manner while maintaining professionalism and product quality.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and decision-making skills, creativity, flexibility and attention to detail.
- Ability to step in and troubleshoot technology challenges quickly and professionally in a high-stress environment.
Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, media studies, film, graphic design or a related field required.
A minimum of three to five years of relevant experience required. This experience should include producing videos and graphic design elements in a professional capacity. Applicants must have a high level of understanding of video, audio, design and other technical equipment and programs.
- Cover Letter
- Video Sample
- Graphic Design Sample