You are here
- Harris Bartlett Fellowship Program in Energy and Environmental Policy
External Internship Summer Funding
Thanks to the generosity of Harris Alumnus John Bartlett, EPIC can offer two stipends worth up to $5,000 each available to students pursuing unpaid or underpaid summer internships in energy or environmental economics and policy.
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR 2018 HAS PASSED. PLEASE CHECK BACK TO APPLY FOR SUMMER 2019.
- Currently enrolled (and taking classes) at the Harris School
- Confirmed to work in an unpaid, degree relevant full-time (30+ hrs/wk) summer internship for at least 10 weeks between June 2018 and October 2018
- The internship must provide students the opportunity to conduct meaningful work in topics related to energy and environment.
- The internship offer must be secured (and verified) at the time of application.
- Only summer internship positions are eligible.
- Positions must be a minimum of 10 weeks in duration.
The James Bartlett Fellowship Program is not open to:
- Students graduating before or in June 2018
- Students who have not yet matriculated into Harris
The application process consists of the following four parts to be submitted via HarrisLink (requisition # 17077):
- Submission of a professional resume
- A one page statement of purpose that outlines your interest in the position and how you anticipate it furthering your career pursuits.
- Copy of Internship Offer Letter
- Student Verification Form
A selection committee consisting of Academic and Student Affairs senior leadership and/or Harris faculty will review student applications.
Deadlines – Late materials will not be accepted
- Application Deadline: May 1, 2018
- James Bartlett Fellowship Award Announcement: No later than the week of May 18th
IMPORTANT NOTE: The James Bartlett Fellowship is processed as a financial aid stipend and thus, can have an impact on recipients’ summer financial aid package. Students who intend to take summer classes and apply for summer financial aid (including loans) must note this in their application.
Internship Reflection Requirement
- All students who are awarded a stipend through the James Bartlett Fellowship Program are required to submit a brief reflection on their internship experience.
- Reflection should follow “Harris Summer Fund Report Guidelines” (to be distributed at a later date) and is to be submitted via HarrisLink following the end of the program.
- Your reflection may be shared, in part or in full, with alumni, fellow students, and the Harris community. It may also be used, in part or in full, in Harris and/or university publications or website.