You are here
Harris Bartlett Internship Program
Thanks to the generosity of Harris Alumnus John Bartlett, EPIC offers two types of paid internships to students at the Harris School of Public Policy.
- Internships with the Energy Policy Institute at Chicago: Internships with EPIC are available for the academic year, as well as for the summer. Interns have the opportunity to assist EPIC faculty with research and data collection, or to conduct their own research project under faculty guidance in the area of environmental and energy economics and policy. While research will be the main focus of the internship, students will also gain experience with grant and proposal writing, communications, and program coordination on an as-needed basis within the Institute. More…
- External Internship Summer Funding: For students who have secured unpaid or underpaid summer internships in energy or environmental economics and policy. More…
India-Based Energy/Environment Research Internships
EPIC’s India office currently sponsors University of Chicago PhD students for research internships at the University of Chicago’s Delhi Center. Students assist with the many research projects underway in India and build on their own interests of study. EPIC-India is building the capacity to provide these opportunities to master’s degree students at the University’s Harris School of Public Policy and Booth School of Business.
If you are interested in doing an internship in our India office, please contact Bethel Haile at email@example.com.
- Tata Center for Development (TCD) Call for Proposals: India Summer Research Grant for PhD Students: TCD India Summer Research Grant supports PhD students conducting short-term research in India during the summer of 2018. The grant provides students with resources that can be used to carry out fieldwork in support of pilot projects and/or portions of their dissertation research. More...
Center for Robust Decision Making on Climate and Energy Policy (RDCEP) Internship Program
RDCEP at the University of Chicago offers hourly research assistantships and internships for undergraduate, postbaccalaureate and graduate students, as well as opportunities under the Federal Work Study Program during the academic year.
Additionally, RDCEP offers summer internships to local undergraduate students to participate in research at RDCEP. Students will conduct interdisciplinary research in the areas of climate and energy policy. Students with skills in computer programming, statistics, web development/ design, or communicating research results to the general public are preferred.
China Sustainability & Conservation Internships
Interested in sustainability and conservation efforts in China? The Paulson Institute, chaired by former Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson, is a University of Chicago-affiliated Institute focused on conducting environmental and sustainable development projects and research on economics and the environment in the United States and China. The Institute offers two types of internships:
- Urban Sustainability Interns work alongside Institute staff in the U.S. and China on our program that promote sustainable development in Chinese cities.
- Conservation Interns are placed in conservation-related non-governmental organizations in China.
The University of Chicago offers several other types of internship opportunities and resources to students, including the Jeff Metcalf Internship Program, which provides paid, substantive internships exclusively to UChicago students during the summer and the academic year.
The Program on the Global Environment has also compiled environment-related organizations and online resources that either offer internships or provide directories for other internship opportunities. More...