You are here
- Communications Coordinator, EPIC
Requisition Number 103286
The Communications Coordinator will provide general support to the institute's internal and external communications and outreach efforts. This includes maintaining a robust and engaging online presence under minimal supervision, disseminating information to multiple stakeholder groups, and managing the promotion and logistics surrounding the institute's programming.
- Maintain active online presence, including updating the institute's website and composing comprehensive social media campaigns and daily social media updates. Develop strategies and creative solutions to boost online engagement. Monitor and track online presence, record analytics and produce reports.
- Update, maintain, and develop creative solutions to expand EPIC mailing lists, including robust outreach and media lists. Perform research that contributes to basic media and outreach materials.
- Design communications materials as needed, including assisting with preparation of online and print publications and promotional tools. Gather content, design, produce, and disseminate monthly e-newsletter.
- Manage publicity, staging, logistics and other responsibilities surrounding events and general programming.
- Monitor the online presence (websites and social media) of associated schools and centers, as well as the University of Chicago's news and events pages, for energy-related updates that would be appropriate to cross-promote on the EPIC website, twitter feed and/or e-newsletter.
- Monitor, track and report on media coverage of the institutes' researchers and issues of topical interest. Manage daily news monitoring.
- Draft and edit occasional short news stories and other content under tight deadlines.
A minimum of three years of relevant experience required. Comprehensive website and social media experience required. Experience in energy/environmental issues strongly preferred and encouraged to apply
- Strong design, writing, editing and proofreading skills required.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), and web-based communication methods and tools such as MailChimp and web content management systems required.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in information technology and their applications to communication strategies, including through web, email and social media.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and the ability to work both independently with a high degree of initiative and collaboratively as part of a team. Ability to work effectively with management, staff, researchers, students, and outside vendors and collaborators.
- Strategic thinking, project management and planning skills. Ability to manage and prioritize communications needs, perform effectively in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines in a timely manner while maintaining professionalism and product quality.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and decision-making skills, creativity, flexibility and attention to detail.
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample
To apply please visit the UChicago Jobs site, here.